We well-understand that each state has its own needs, culture and programming requirements. While most of our clients utilize managed care programming for their Medicaid population, we also bring vast experience working with clients who employ various alternatives to managed care. We have the operational protocols, reporting and management expertise to administer any program that is an alternative to managed care.
Primary Care Case Management (PCCM)
We are the only PCCM vendor in the country with over 30 years of experience serving millions of consumers in multiple states, including Pennsylvania (ACCESS Plus), Louisiana (CommunityCARE), West Virginia (Physician Assured Access System) and Illinois (Illinois Health Connect). With the support of our contract expertise, our clients have achieved national recognition and documented cost savings:
- The ACCESS Plus Enhanced PCCM program in Pennsylvania, jointly administered by AHS and McKesson Health Solutions, was selected as one of the top 15 finalists for the Innovations for American Government Award through the Harvard Kennedy School Ash Institute for Democratic Governance & Innovation (2008).
- Combined savings for the first two years of the ACCESS Plus PCCM program totaled $62.9 million.
- The Illinois Health Connect PCCM program saved the state $531 million from 2007-2010; $140 million in 2009 alone, according to the Robert Graham Center.
- The Illinois Health Connect PCCM Program was selected for the “Provider of the Year” award in 2010 by the Campaign for Better Health Care.
- The ACCESS Plus Emergency Department Reduction Program resulted in a 34.8% decrease in ED visits over a three-year period.